Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Yesterday evening, Sunday, I attempted to record a programme

Customer Question

Yesterday evening, Sunday, I attempted to record a programme from Sky Art 2. It failed.
Subsequent attempts to record other channels also failed. Information received resulted in Technical Fault - 10(28) followed by the date and time of failure. How do I recover the situation.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me what you record on please? Is it to your computer? or to a recorder? And if so, what is the make and model of it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I attempted to record on the Sky Box + HD equipment supplied to me by Sky in June, 2009. the information 'Technical Fault - 10(28) was obtained from that box.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This generally is an issue with the planner, so we start by rebuilding this
Firstly, I advise that you remove all of your recordings in your deleted items folder. To do this, enter the planner, scroll to the "deleted" tab as shown below. Highlight each recording and press the yellow button to delete. Once these have all been deleted and the folder is completely empty please re-boot your Sky Box.
Using your Sky remote control, press the services button.
Press 0. The Settings section will appear, with the Picture screen selected.
Press 0, then 1, followed by select.

You'll now see a new set of screens that are normally hidden from view, with the Setup screen selected.
Press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight Sky+ Rebuild.
Press the select button. You'll now see this message: "This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+HD".
Press the select button. 

The onscreen message "Housekeeping please wait" will appear and then disappear within two minutes.

The Planner rebuild will now go ahead, and may take up to two further minutes. Once complete, your
Sky+HD box will automatically switch itself off and then back on. You will then see the red standby light on your Sky+HD box (newer boxes have an amber standby light).
Wait for at least two minutes after the red standby light has appeared.
Press the sky button on your remote control.

Your Sky+HD box should now start up as normal, with the light changing to green. Once your Sky+HD box has started, try to use the Planner to record and view programmes as usual.
Let me know the results please