Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Toshiba HDD & DVD Video Cassette Recorder Model RDXV59DTKB2.

I have a Toshiba HDD & DVD Video Cassette Recorder Model RDXV59DTKB2. Last night I tried to change channel to 80 (BBC News Channel) but the screen was blank. I searched upwards channel passing some which had a signal until I got to channel 310 where it stuck with a grey screen and just the number in the corner. I tried everything I could think of but if I input a different channel number, it does nothing. I unplugged it night and this morning it is exactly the same. A blank screen with 310 showing on the LED on the recorder. Is there a way I can persuade it to work properly? With thanks,
Paul Douglass
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you did the Factory Reset in the Setup, did it complete this correctly?
Was everything returned to new?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I clicked return to factory setup this morning after I had turned it on again and there was still no change. The return to factory setup didn't make any difference.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul, it confirms the problem.
It is the mainboard that has faulted within the recorder. It will be the tuner component based on what you have described.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. The fact that the issues continued, confirms it is this issue.
I am really sorry about this but you are going to have to return the recorder to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.