Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

, I have a Panasonic dmr-ex773 dvd freeview+ recorder

, I have a Panasonic dmr-ex773 dvd freeview+ recorder which has provided good service up until Friday night when I went to switch it on and its read out says AV1 or AV2. I checked the troubleshooting section in the on line manual device and it doesn't list this code. I am not sure if the device has finally packed up or I have total loss of signal. Any ideas?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I want to rule out the firmware as the problem.
To do this we need to reset the recorder.
Under the flap on the recorder itself is the channel up and down buttons.
While the recorder is on, hold these in seconds, then release.
The recorder may request you to set it up again, do this and tell me if it now functions please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I switched the recorder on, did as you ask that is hold the channel up/down buttons seconds then release, the unit has reset and it is now functioning well. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.