Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

ROBERT ROCKETT purchased a Phillips DVD RECRDER A FEW YEARS

Customer Question

ROBERT ROCKETT
purchased a Phillips DVD RECRDER A FEW YEARS AGO, IT WONT RESPOND TO REMOTE CONTROL CAN YOU HELP
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Robert.

Nathan :

Could you give me the full model number of the recorder?

Nathan :

Is it able to respond to the onboard controls (power, eject, play, etc)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Natha

Glad to make cotact, I must confess I'm not very competent with the tecnology of the present era, I belong to the nineteenth century, born

in 1921.

I dabble in putting together little bits of cine, Vedio and photos taken in Ireland, England, US and Australia over many years. My Phillips Records

do not respond to manual or remote control regurarly and Coolits causing me much bother. Things are further complicated by my advancing years and the restrictions it imposes. Hearing diminished, mobility and limbs retarded, thankfully the mind is still responding resonably well to simple instructions.Frown

I would be pleased if you could wave a majic wond and get me back on track.

Kindest Regards

From (Robert) Bob Rockett.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bob,
Chances are there is an internal hardware problem going on here.
lets try a reset process as a first step:
There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the player at the mains
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the unit, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.
Let me know if that helps. If not, I'd need the full model number to advise further.
Nathan