Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am looking recorder which can record programs directly

I am looking for DVDs recorder which can record programs directly from tv on to recordable CD discs what is still available to buy I do have a high definition tv
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can it only be DVD? As you will want Blu Ray for High Definition.
Let me know and I can recommend one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already have a DVDs player with hard drive connected to myHD tv as well as DVD player also connected to the tv but I cannot get one which can record directly from tv using CDs to replace the DVD player. Given the set up as discribed above would a blue-Ray player do the job recording programmes directly on to CDs.?.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, CD's will not work, as they do not store enough information to do High Definition, Celia, it has to be either DVD or Blu Ray, though Blu Ray is best as it stores the most.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It sounds as if blue-Ray does not offer the facility to record directly from TV to anything other then on the hard drive. It may be useful to know which blue-Ray player you would recommend and why for future but I may have to source old DVD players from old stock and not choose the HD option on the TV I have at the moment in future or even now probably you won't have the choice of you by a TV now which means I will nag be able to play my old recordings from the TV which I already have which is dissapointing not sure where to go from here,Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Th Blu Ray goes direct to disk (Blu Ray disk)and I recommend this one Celia
Click me to view
It will also record to DVD's as well.
You can still play your old recordings Celia, its just you can't record in HD, as it takes up too much data.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.