Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When recording on the hard disk of my DMR-EX83EB recorder sometimes

When recording on the hard disk of my DMR-EX83EB recorder sometimes instead of recording the programme set on the timer, it selects the 'Favourites' page of the function menu and just records this. It happened once or twice in the past, but is now happening quite frequently.
Any suggestions as to the cause and cure?
***** *****.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is normally the firmware that is crashing, we need to reset this.
To do this, on the player itself, hold both the Channel UP and Channel DOWN button for 6 seconds, then release.
This will reset the player and you then set it up again.
Do this and then tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard, I will try this, but it may take a day or so before I know if it has solved the problem as it only happens intermittently. I am keeping a diary to see if any particular channel recording causes it to happen.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem, if it continues to be a problem, it will be the internal memory thats causing the firmware to corrupt, which would require the player to be replaced.
But nearly always it is just a corrupted firmware and my steps fix this.
I have marked this question to never close, so any problems, let me know here, no problem with this.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.