Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a (quite old!) Panasonic video player/recorder - NV-40

I have a (quite old!) Panasonic video player/recorder - NV-40 - which is still in very good condition, and which I would like to use again. Could you please tell me if there was a remote control for the machine, and if so, where you think I might be able to obtain one? I would also like to find (or download if possible) a User Guide for the machine.
R P Calcraft
*****@******.***
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You can get the remote control here
http://www.espares.co.uk/search/mo1510384/remote-controls/panasonic/nv-g-40
The manual you can download here
http://www.wikisend.com/download/937492/nvj40.pdf
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, Richard. And especially for your promptness. I went to the web-site for the remote control, but saw that the one shown was for the NV-G40, not the J40 which I have. Are they compatible, or is it even the same remote for both?

The 'Manual' turned out to be a 68-page Service Manual!, rather than the simple User Guide which I would like. Can you advise, please?

Raymond Calcraft

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to use this remote for the J40
Click me to view
For a User Manual, this was never put online sorry (this was all before the days of electronic manuals) and as you see, Panasonic actually scanned in the service manual, but the user manual is not available sorry Raymond.