Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

How do I connect a Panasonic HDD Recorder (DMR-HWT130) and

How do I connect a Panasonic HDD Recorder (DMR-HWT130) and a DVD recorder (DMR-EX83EB) to a Panasonic Viera LCD Television (TX-L42D25BA). I have just bought the HDD recorder, the DVD recorder is already connected to the tv.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. If you would still like to record to DVDs, then you can use a simple splitter. Here's an example:
http://local.sears.com/Alphalinetrade-Way-Coaxial-Cable-Splitter/p-05710869000P?st=1049&sid=IDx20141117x00001xlpla
That will split the signal that is going into your DVD recorder, so that you will have a cable for both recorders.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We don't want to record to DVDs, we just want to be able view DVDs on the DVD viewer/ recorder. We want to be able to record to the HDD recorder and also have Freeview and other online services such at Netflix.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then you can remove the coax cable from the DVD recorder, and move it to the input on your HDD recorder. You will still be able to watch DVD movies, as long as you leave the cable that connects your DVD directly to your TV.
The HDMI will carry the signal to your TV for Netflix, and the coax will allow you to view the TV programming, which is also sent through HDMI.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is that both RF In and RF Out? Sorry, I haven't a clue!

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Connect the cable from the wall to RF In on your HDD recorder. Connect the HDD recorder to your TV with HDMI. Your HDD recorder is now set.
To check your DVD player, it either has to have HDMI to your TV, -OR-, RF Out to your TV with coax. Your DVD player will no longer use the RF In port.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thanks will give it a go and get back to you.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
I'm standing by in case you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well it seems to be working but now just have to set up the HDD recorder! Fingers crossed - thanks for your help.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome! As long as you have picture, it's connected correctly. Setting it up can take some time, so take your time, and you'll have the hang of it fairly quickly.