Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Does the Toshiba SD1020 DVD Player play -RW DVDs that have

Customer Question

Does the Toshiba SD1020 DVD Player play -RW DVDs that have been recorded on the Toshiba D-VR18DTKB combi in VR mode?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apolologies for not answering I did not see your reply. It is singularly difficult to find someone who can answer the question. I believe Toshiba and Sony have the option to record in VR mode in some of their DVD recorder/players but I could not get much info by Googling Toshiba. All I know for certain is that the the Toshiba recorder mentioned in the question does have this option. I have tried asking the rental company that I rented the unit from without finding out whether the SD10 will play VR mode DVDs. I got the impression thatVR mode is dieing out.

G. Hawkins

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
VR mode is dieing out, and the reason was due to compatibility.
Did you actually do any edits in VR mode on the disk?