LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

My LG 5253 DVD player appers to have frozen. The control buttons

Customer Question

My LG 5253 DVD player appers to have frozen. The control buttons on the front panel have no effect and I cannot open the disk holder o retrieve my DVD. is there a hard reset button?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Do you see any messages from it on your TV screen? Does anything at all happen when you press any of the buttons? For example if you press eject do you hear it try to eject?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy.

When I plug the unit into power, the front panel power light comes on. When I press power or eject there is no effect whatsoever on the DVD player but the TV acknowledges it is receiving a signal - it automatically shows a blue screen. However, whatever I try to do on the DVD unit, there is no further response. After a minute or so the blue screen disappears and the power light on the DVD unit turns from green to red.

That is all.

Julian

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How old is it? Is there a tiny pin hole anywhere near the tray?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 10 years old. No pin hole
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.