Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

dmr-hwt230eb,using the hdd recorder ir6 remote control. with

dmr-hwt230eb,using the hdd recorder ir6 remote control. with the internet connected the control functions on every site connected except "youtube" where it remains frozen and will not connect to any of the selections shown. Nor will it respond if I try to input the name of a new site , the area where the typing should happen remains "greyed out" have I messed up in the set-up process?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Are you trying to access youtube via the actual web browser?

Nathan :

As an initial step, can you please unplug power to the unit at the mains for 60+ seconds to reboot it, which should unfreeze the system. Then try another site (other than youtube).

Customer: As I mentioned originally,the trouble only occurs when trying to use tube.other sites seem to work ok ,euro news,cm can,bbc I player.arethree I have tried.when I turn to tube the remote control needs to be able to type in th subject and this is not possible, there is no way of getting the alphabet characters onto the address line on the tube site using the remote control
Customer: i access the net via the wifi set up on the recorder and then use the button marked,net, on the controller
Nathan :

Good morning, and sorry I missed you earlier. I'm in the US, on a much different time zone. Just as you were offline for an hour after my initial response, I cannot be present in the chat at all times either. Your patience is appreciated as we correspond back and forth.

Nathan :

The issue here is the browser itself. The browser on this device is not intended to work with all sites. It is a very basic browser, and was really designed for just simple text based sites. The system lacks the ability to run plugins like flash, and subsequently is not compatible with media based sites like youtube.

Nathan :

To use you tube, you'd need to be able to install a specific youtube app for this particular device, just like you'd use a netflix app, iplayer, etc.

Nathan :

The player may need a firmware update (done from the setup/network menu) before you can proceed further.