Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic Video and dvd recorder. When we play a dvd

I have a Panasonic Video and dvd recorder. When we play a dvd we can hear the sound from a TV programme in the background which is getting worse so that the background sound is drowning out the dialogue on the dvd
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still desperate to find an answer to my problem. So I should appreciate it if you will continue to find someone who can help. Thank you

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the player please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I have only just switched on my computer.

The model number is *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the Panasonic on the unit itself, press and hold the channel up and channel down buttons for 8 seconds, then release and it should go into the setup mode.
Complete the setup and tell me please if it then functions correctly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't see any channel up and down buttons on the unit. Where are they? I assume you mean the player itself and not the TV or either of the remotes?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you need to do it on the remote please.
So hold the buttons on the remote instead.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried that. I can't see that anything happens at all. The dvd still has TV programme noise in the background.

I don't know what you mean about it going into set up mode. What should happen? What should I see on either the TV screen or the LCD display panel on the unit?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You would see it appear on the TV
Nothing appeared?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Disconnect the aerial cable from the DVD player
Then tell me if you still hear the sound please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That seems to have stopped it.

But does it mean we have to disconnect the aerial every time we want to watch a dvd?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, it appears the cable has faulted, or the internal tuner.
Try replacing the cable and if the problem persists you need to disconnect the cable or replace the player itself as the tuner on the mainboard has faulted.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer