Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I can't get a Sony RDR hdd 870 hdd recorder to work through

I can't get a Sony RDR hdd 870 hdd recorder to work through my Sony led hd TV, what are the wiring instructions?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the complete model number off of your Sony TV and HDD recorder?
- What type of connection cable/wires being used to connect HDD recorder to TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The TV is a Sony Bravia led hd 40 in. TV with free flow , sorry don't know model number , the hdd recorder is Sony RDR-HXD870 . I have aerial in to analogue and out of analogue to TV itself. I have a scart lead from hdd port av 2 to TV smart link port and hdmi cable from hdd to TV. Some functions work on the TV , like I can get a picture, but cannot operate the recorder itself. Hope this is enough to help. Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Does recorder operate through buttons on it and does any message appear on recorder front display when try to operate through its remote control?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1329 PR1 ison the front screen of the recorder. If I press record it starts to record. I can't get it to playback, only get a blank screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please unplug Scart cable from DVD recorder, leave the HDMI cable connected between TV and DVD recorder, turn On TV and DVD recorder, push Input button on TV remote and select HDMI input in TV which is connected to recorder (for example, HDMI-1 or HDMI-2 etc) and check, does recorder logo screen appear on TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have done as suggested. Logo did not appear, but it is now working perfectly. Many thanks for your time and help, Trevor Jackson.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Logo did not appear, but for some reason it is now working perfectly. Thank you very much for your time and help. Trevor Jackson.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Trevor Jackson, glad to know that it is working now, it seems that TV wasn't set on proper input to get recorder video output signal. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.