Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic Blu Ray unit it will not switch on the fuse in the

Panasonic Blu Ray unit it will not switch on the fuse in the plug is fine have tested the power in that is ok so it seems the on/off switch is faulty is it possible to get a replacement Thank you
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the player please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Panasonic SCHC3DB

Serial No LT9SC001716

Compact Sterio System

hope that is OK !!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gerry
Inside the unit there is Fuse F751
Have you checked if this has not plugged? Are you ok to disasemble the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you will get the sledge hammer out now to dismantle !!!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
only dismantle it if you are comfortable doing so.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Dismantled ok but found fuse to also be ok the rest of the unit looks as though requires Panasonic testing equipment not that qualified suggest I think I just reassemble and decide what to do !! But thanks anyway.

Gerry

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, its going to be a module on the mainboard thats the issue, and yes you need specific equipment to check this Gerry.
Honetly, based on my experience when all is said and done, it is more cost effective to purchase a replacement, rather then send it in for a diagnostics, and then the repair.
Plus the repair only covers a short warranty (usually 3 months but depends on the part as it can be shorter).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.