Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic recorder no sound on playback.

Customer Question

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you on the actual unit itself, hold both the Channel up and channel down buttons for about 6 seconds, then release.
This should initiate the setup menu. Complete this and when done, check and tell me if you now get sound on playback please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Philip. Did as you suggested but still no sound.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just sent email to say recordings done before yesterday are perfectly OK so don't understand how the main board can have failed!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** under the impression all playbacks had the problem
If you now make a new recording, does this work?