Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I HAVE A PANASONIC DMR-EZ49VEB WHICH I PLAY THROUGH A

Customer Question

HELLO I HAVE A PANASONIC DMR-EZ49VEB WHICH I PLAY THROUGH A SONY KDL-42W706B. PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE TO TURN THE VOLUME UP FRON SAY 15 TO ALMOST 50 TO HEAR WHEN PLAYING BACK FROM RECORDING .HAVE SENT THIS BACK FOR REPAIRS TO A DEALER WHO CANNOT DO ANYTHING WITH IT .SONY ADVISE (VERY QUICKLY )THAT THE TWO PERHAPS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE , ITS DRIVING ME MAD AS IF I FORGET THE HIGH VOLUME REQUIRED AND STOP THE MACHINE OUR VARIOUS NEIGHBOURS MUST HEAR IT .WE USED THIS PRIOR WITH A PANASONIC LCD AND NEVER A PROBLEM
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please keep this open , no doubt the bank holiday weekend dose not help

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Have you always had this problem from the start?
And sorry about the delay in getting you a response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes this has been a problem since we purchased and connected it to our SONY TV

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
Then it rules out an issue with the firmware of the recorder and is a compatibility issue between the 2.
The recorder is designed to work with Panasonic devices, being the same company, but you will have issues when you use it with other devices, such as your experiencing now. The problem unfortunately cannot be bypassed and you will need to just turn up the volume as your doing now sorry.