Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

My DTR-Z500HD has started giving an audio descriptive voicover

My DTR-Z500HD has started giving an audio descriptive voicover for the visually impaired
How can I get rid of this please.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. Using the DTR-Z500HD remote, go into the menu, select SETTINGS, then select ACCESSIBILITY SETTINGS. This is where you can turn off your audio descriptive feature. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Rusty

My Audio description only gives the language option ie English or Welsh etc. there is no 'off option

Audio description volume gives Text to speech - is off

Speech and Volume options are on normal

Text to Speek Audio mix is set to No backgound audio.

any thoughts?

any thoughts?

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, that indicates an error. We will have to reset the box. First, unplug the box while the power is still on. Wait 30 seconds, plug it back in. If it still has the problem, go into the menu, select service, then reset STB. Tell me the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was going to do it and then realised that all my recordings would be lost and there are a couple of things I want to watch first it also asked me for my PIN if which I have no idea!

Can I come back to you when I've cleared my memory please?

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can reach me here anytime. The default pin is 0000. If you never set one, that is your pin.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning Rusty

I have just reset my set top box and it is recording a programme that is on now. I'll check the recording later to see if my problem has corrected itself and if not I'll go through the suggestions you first gave me again.

Watch this space! Jackie

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Rusty

I reset the set top box and didn't; do anything else. Recorded a half hour bit of what was on and my problem appears to have gone.

It didn't take off all my old recordings so I tried them and no voice over.

Hopefully all will be well.

thank you so much for your help and should I need to come back I will ask for you..

Jackie