Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ47V on the Clock dispay showes

Hello I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ47V on the Clock dispay showes U80 or U81, as for the Troubleshooting. Guide ...turn Off and turn On. Has been ok in the past, but now is not working. When the TV is On the pictures showes distortion line accross ,
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Right now is it showing 80 or 81?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

U 81

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not good, how old is it? Do you still have any warranty?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2007, no warranty.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do you know how to replace capacitors and voltage converters?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no,

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You would need a technician to fix this then. In order to fix this C1530 and IC1508 on the main board needs to be replaced. IC1508 for an example you would need to remove this and solder a new one from the under side of the board. I do not recommend trying this if you have never soldered on a board before. If you want to see exactly what needs to be done it is all posted here: Click Here The parts themselves are cheap the labour would be an hour at the shops rate. Not all shops do solder work though so you will need to call around, large shops never do so you would want to look at small incependent repair shops. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What are the avarage charges per hours for a replacement and repair.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It depends on the shop anywhere from £50 to £75 per hour. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
.