Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have a Panasonic Blu-ray dvd player/recorder type DMR-BS750EBK

I have a Panasonic Blu-ray dvd player/recorder type DMR-BS750EBK which I have had for some time and it has performed very well indeed, but, now on playing back recordings from the hard disk some of the programs break up and some do not, I have thought about this and come to the conclusion that there must be a fault on the hard disk. I have tried formatting it but with difference. As I fix new hard disks into computers I thought it would be the same for this machine, but after fitting a new hard disk I am unable to format it properly, it does format about 16% then goes no further.
Am I missing something?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the capacity of the new hard drive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The new one is a Seagate 500gb and the old one in the machine is 250gb

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
That's what I suspected. When a HDD doesn't format all the way, it's usually due to a size issue. You'll need to replace it with a 250GB HDD so the software will recognize the file system.