Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Sony DVD recorder with 160gb hard disc is full but I am

My Sony DVD recorder with 160gb hard disc is full but I am unable to get it to erase some programmes. How can I get the programmes on screen in order to erase some?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model is it? What is the usual method you use and what happens when you try that?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model Sony rdrdc100b DVD recorder with 160gb hard drive.
I normally use the remote to switch recorder on and then press title to see the recorded programmes.
I have not been able to perform any of that therefore I am unable to erase any programme s to allow some space for recording.
Thank you for your reply. Bernard
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is the remote working for other things? If not have you changed the batteries in it already?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes remote works for other processes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK what happens when you try to do this with the remote? The only way to erase on this model is from the title list.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The recorder does not respond to the start button on the remote. A code D033 is in the recorder's display if that helps
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately it does not, you also just said that the recorder was working with the remote for other things. It is not now? In the worst case you can try formatting the HDD but it will erase everything save on there.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Eureka I have solved it by accident.
I pushed the TV/DVD button and the titles came up and I have now erased all programmes to create more space. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.