info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic DMR-PWT500 PLAYER/ RECORDER. It will

Hi I have a Panasonic DMR-PWT500 PLAYER/ RECORDER. It will switch on , the blue light is on, it says hello and then it say HDMI and I can't see anything I have recorded, the Tv guide or anything else. I tried a disc in, sounded like it was going round but no picture.
Then it goes off and the time comes up.
I have checked all connections, switched off and on, changed the HDMI lead to a new one, unplugged the leads and put them back in
I can't get into the menu as nothing I press on the remote does anything. Changed the batteries, still nothing
On another note, my TV for a day or so kept going black and then coming back on, although touch wood for half an hour it seems ok. Do you have any ideas please?
Jill
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Jill during the time you have a black screen if you press the menu button of the TV remote control not the recorder does that come up OK?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, yes the menu comes up using the Tv remote

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK have you rebooted the recorder by unplugging the recorder from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?if not please do that thank you

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I did unplug it from the wall, but only for a couple of minutes, I will try again for longer

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK let me know I do need to go on an emergency service call so please let me know I will reply back to you when I return

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, left it, plugged back in but still the same HDMI message

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I need to decide if its the TV or the recorder causing the issue you need to try another product with HDMI in the same socket have you got anything else like another dvd or bluray?

If the HDMI input has gone down on the Tv you will get this happening

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I don't have another DVD, my lap top has HDMI

on the side of it?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes you could try that

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a free trial of amazon prime so have plugged the computer to the Tv using HDMI socket 1 which is the one the recorder was plugged into and then HDMI 3 and I could view the film.

My Tv has just gone black again, turn it off and back on again and is fine, related or coincidence?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure at this point if both issues are related please now plug back in the recorder to the TV and let me know if anything happens

If its the same then you do have a problem with the signal on the machine

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, done that, now it just says hello, but pressing remote , nothing happens ,

need to go to bed now, long day, will check with you tomorrow

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK please let me know I have emailed panasonic tech for the data on this

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks, ***** ***** me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just noticed the clock has lost 45 minutes when I switched it off

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Its bad firmware that is the problem.
Panasonic have an upgrade of firmware here

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/bd/download/pwt500/uk.html <<click

The problem you have is if the firmware will take because of the condition of the machine as you can't see menus etc

Give this a go anyhow if you have problems with the upgrade you may needto take the unit to a panasonicservice agent who will upgrade it by using specialist tools in the workshop

Let me know how this works out or you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post thanks again

Anthony