Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Technika/Nicam combi VCR tape recorder/player and

Customer Question

I have a Technika/Nicam combi VCR tape recorder/player and DVD player. The DVD tray will not eject the disc in there. Is there any one (in ME17 area) who can repair this for me, or tell me where I can get a replacement? I have a large collection of tapes and DVDs so do not wish to scrap it.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The driver motor that runs the ejection will have failed and having this repaired is very difficult as the part has not been made for some time now. There are though no repair centers near you for this, and it is best to look at a replacement.
Even purchasing these players new is very hard, yet there is a very large market on Ebay for these products.
I have a list of ones currently for sale on my link below
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/dvd-vhs-player
These are all well priced and UK based so haven't one sent to you will not be an issue.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.