Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The DVD tray of my Technika/Nicam combi DVD player and VCR

The DVD tray of my Technika/Nicam combi DVD player and VCR recorder/player will not expel the disc locked in there. Is there anyone in the ME17 area who can repair the fault, or find a replacement? I have a large collection of tapes and DVDs and do not want to scrap it.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The driver motor that runs the ejection will have failed and having this repaired is very difficult as the part has not been made for some time now. There are though no repair centers near you for this, and it is best to look at a replacement.
Even purchasing these players new is very hard, yet there is a very large market on Ebay for these products.
I have a list of ones currently for sale on my link below
Click me to open
These are all well priced and UK based so haven't one sent to you will not be an issue.
Or you can get one new though they are quite a lot more expensive via my link below
Click me to open
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.