Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Have just bought Blu-Ray Disc Recorder DMR-BWT740 but cannot

Customer Question

Have just bought Blu-Ray Disc Recorder DMR-BWT740 but cannot get disc tray to open so cannot record.Help!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Are you pressing the eject button on the unit itself, or on the remote?
Do you see any indicator lights/display on the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No exit button on my remote and nothing happens on the machine. ***** ***** are sending an engineer on Friday but would like to get something working beforehand
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
If the button isn't working, that makes it quite likely that this is a hardware defect, meaning the button or the opening mechanics are faulty. It was likely bad right from the factory or damaged in transit.There are a few things you can try:First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired. If it gets to that point your best recourse is to return it to the retailer and have them exchange it for a new model. You should not have to jump through all the hoops to file a warranty claim on a brand new device.