Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a DVD Recorder DMR-ES15EB-S but the handbook (RQT8320-1B)

Customer Question

I have a DVD Recorder DMR-ES15EB-S but the handbook (RQT8320-1B) does not seem to explain how to change the Recording Mode between XP and SP as suggested on p17. I need a step by step guide for this when copying from an external source eg a VHS recorder.
Thanks Dave
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave,
The unit automatically selects the recording rate between XP and SP - you cannot change it manually.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So what determines the selection of XP or XP?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
It is determined automatically by the system, according to the source that is being copied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pete,

I really don't see how the system can know the length of the source.

Dave

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
It is part of the system's programming.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pete,

Sorry but that really does not explain how the DVD recorder can know the length of the source that I am seeking to copy.

Dave

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Dave,
It uses a very complicated set of software algorithms to determine the speed, based on the input source. How detailed an explanation do you need, and why?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pete,

Addmittadly I am an electronic engineer and not a software person but I cannot see how any software can know the length of the material to be recorded whtever its source. If it all automatic then most of the info on p17 of the handbook is of no use. However it occures to me that one way around it to use the FR mode.

Dave