Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I would like to obtain a Firmware Update CD Panasonic

I would like to obtain a Firmware Update CD for my Panasonic Blu Ray Recorder.
Product No is: DMR BS850.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. A firmware update may not make it see discs again. Please let me know if it reads DVD's and CD's rather than Bluray discs.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it reads DVDs OK.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What about a CD please? The lens is in a different position to read each type of disc.
I need your current version as well to see if you are already updated or not.

Turn on the main unit.
Press the [FUNCTION MENU] button on the remote control to open the display menu screen.
Using the Up and Down cursor buttons on the remote control, select the "Others" tab.
Using the Up and Down cursor buttons, select the "Setup" tab.
Select the "Display" tab - "Display" items will appear.
Press and hold the "STATUS( i )" button on the remote control. While doing so, the current firmware version for your recorder will be displayed in the lower right hand corner of the screen (e.g. "1.0").
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is reading a CD but no sound! Am checking the STATUS now.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok let me know what you find.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Status is 1.5

t is reading a CD but no sound! Am checking the STATUS now.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok you can download the latest firmware which is 1.6 here: Click Here
The same page also explains how to create a update disc as well as how to install it.
However as I mentioned it is possible an update will not solve your problem in which case let me know what it does after the update.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.