Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Can I add links to web pages I want on my DMR-HWT230EB

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you mean like bookmarks or favorites so you can quickly go to a website?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

First time using this site. Just saw it said Waiting...

So to answer your question:

I assumed this is how it's done for Netflix and so on. There doesn't seem to be any way to do that. It's a new machine so i am reluctant to take the hard disc out and access it from my Linux PC, assuming that the device is a Linux box anywaySmile

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, sorry but I don't really know what your question is...
What do you mean with links to web pages? Links where?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Maybe I don't understand. When I want to connect to Netflix or Amazon I see an Icon on the screen. I move the cursor around via the remote control until it is highlighting the service I want to connect to. I then press Ok on the remote and it takes me to that service. I want to put an Icon on the screen so i can access some service. It might be for example STV ( which is the area we used to live ) rather than ITV. It could be anything like that.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, that you cannot do as these are just inbuilt apps. Unless there is an app for it, you cannot add it sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, Thanks Richard,

I don't know what it involves to create a suitable app. I have written quite a lot in python and some in php but I suspect these apps will need to be lower level and probably in C or a derivative. Ah well it looks like it's not to be.

Norman

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its Java Norman, but to add the App, you need to have Panasonic add it to their app service and there is no chance they would. Its not like a standard app store, where people can submit to it.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.