Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

HDDRECOREDR DMR-PWT635 HOW DO I RECORD ON TO A DVD

HDDRECOREDR DMR-PWT635
HOW DO I RECORD ON TO A DVD
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately this is simply not possible. This model has a built in hard drive for recording/playback, and a bluray player, but that bluray/dvd is a player only. This model has no facility for recording to dvd. If you need to do this you have a few options - you could connect a separate/external dvd recorder (but this process is slow and clunky to use), or if the panasonic is new I'd suggest you return it to the retailer and instead purchase a recorder model more suitable to your needs. The version of this unit that is able to record dvd/bluray is quite a bit more expensive, but it is really the only model (of any brand) that has this ability: http://amzn.to/1LOI4P7 If you're in the UK however, I'd strongly advise against any of these dvd recorders, unless you strictly need the ability to record to optical media. If you don't require dvd archival of video for a specific purpose, you would get better results at much lower cost (and better performance, in many cases) by looking to a standalone DVR/freeview box from humax. They have larger hard drives inside and while they don't have an internal optical drive they can generally output video to a usb source (memory stick or external hard drive) if you need to save a video for the longer term or for expansion but don't need the portability of a dvd. Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Graham,
May I ask why you've left a negative rating for me, when this is a limitation of your equipment?
Rating me poorly won't fix the problem, or affect your payment. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.
Rather a negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for your hardware problem. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services.
Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.
Best regards,
Nathan