Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a DMR EX773 and it randomly interrupts recordings

Customer Question

Hi, I have a DMR EX773 and it randomly interrupts recordings that my daughter is watching to say that it has to reboot with the following message:
The operation stopped. Press OK. Then the unit turns to standby, and starts self check after restart.
I have tried to reset it to factory shipping conditions but it just returns a blank TV screen with the letters AV1 on the recorder display. Is there a sequence of buttons on the recorder to force a factory reset or anything else I can do to complete the reset process?
thanks
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is another way to do a reset. Open the flap on the front of the recorder and with the recorder on, hold the Channel up and down buttons for 10 seconds, then release.
Then follow the onscreen steps to perform the reset and once done then try to use it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

thanks, ***** ***** used this already and it re-tunes the channels but does not force a factory condition reset and the problem with it re-booting persists

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it should force the reset, and if it is not, it is a hardware problem with the internal memory on the player.
This is why it will not reset and why you have this problem.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the recorder to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok - thanks anyway

can you reverse my £22 Paypal payment please as this has already been taken?

thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok.. if your not wanting to pay for the service you received, then you can get a refund here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund