info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

TX-32LZD81 freesat no problem. DVB auto tune OK all channels

Panasonic TV TX-32LZD81 freesat no problem. DVB auto tune OK all channels available. Switch off no signal all channels. Service list shows all channels available. Message says illegal ch. No. ?

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Have you reset the TV back to factory default or shipping default in the settings menu ?

Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes same problem

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
If resetting did not work please have a look on the panasonic website for any firmware upgrade for the set under "support" for the set (I can't get into the site to check) if there is no upgrade then it only leaves the option of replacing the mainboard I can help you with that let me know please Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing listed on support downloads. Have referred problem to Panasonic support in UK

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Panasonic have no obligation to the set if it is out of warranty is it?If not then the only way forwards if you have reset the TV correctly to FULL factory default (you would have needed to re-tune again after a factory default)is to replace the mainboard, this is a plug in board inside the set some peopel are happy with doing that under guidance some people are not if you are the latter then you will need a engineer to do the work Let me know pleaseAnthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In conversation with Panasonic support to confirm diagnosis.

Will replace board myself if obtainable with your guidance

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Ken panasonic will never ever talk about technical issues with the user perhaps you spoke with customer services?

Ken this is what you need to do

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open

Anthony

Anthony