Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I WANT TO REPLACE MY PANASONIC DVD RECORDER MODEL DMR-EZ48VEB

Customer Question

I WANT TO REPLACE MY PANASONIC DVD RECORDER MODEL DMR-EZ48VEB but can't find it for sale anywhere. I need a recorder which records VHS tapes as well as DVD - where can I find this model or one similar?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I found a very similar (slightly later) model for you here which has the functionality of the previous one.
You can get it here
Click me to view
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This looks just what I want - but when I tried to pay Pay Pal said this company cannot take money. Is there somewhere else I could buy it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My friend who has offered to fix it for me told me not to buy a second hand one. Has the first person gone out of business I wonder? Or is it a technical problem with pay pal and I should try again. Do you know? Or can you find me another one model

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I cannot see but call them on 0203(###) ###-####and you may be able to pay over the phone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They have an ansaphone - so if there is another supplier I'd be grateful to have their details.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then it has to be this model, does what you want but more expensive as they are just so rare now days
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-DVR20-Digital-Recorder-Freeview/dp/B003LO2RIU/ref=zg_bs_4085981_1
The used ones are still very good with warranty else you see there also the new one with the new price.
Everything else is only used. They just do not produce them anymore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Richard - I will wait to see if I get a response this morning from UKdapper - if not it looks as if I'll have to go for a 2nd hand Toshiba. If anything else turns up meantime, please let me know.

Gloria

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Gloria
The only other recourse is second hand and you can see whats available here
Click me to open
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What does 'brown box' mean Richard? Is it packed in a brown box or is the gadget in a brown colour - which I don't like?

I'm still dithering...

Gloria

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It means its New but without the fancy (and more expensive) colorful retail box. The box is a plain brown one - same product and warranty but cheaper.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've gone for the Toshiba ex-display model - seems the best buy. Thank you for your help.

Best wishes

Gloria

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Gloria
Enjoy the device!