Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have a KD - 49X8505B 4K TV and a Sony Blu Ray BD S470 and

I have a KD - 49X8505B 4K TV and a Sony Blu Ray BD S470 and Sky + HD. I have connected the player through Sky Box to the TV and also directly to the TV by HDMI either way i cannot get the bLu Ray to work.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way.
You don't want to connect your Blu-ray to your Sky box. You want to connect it directly to your TV. Here's how:
Disconnect your Blu-ray from Sky box. Do not disconnect Sky from your TV.
Connect your Blu-ray box to HDMI 2 on your TV using the HDMI output of your Blu-ray player.
On your TV remote, use the Input(Source) button to bring up HDMI 2. Press it repeatedly until HDMI 2 is selected, then press OK (Enter). You will now be able to watch Blu-ray movies.
You'll need to use the Input button to switch back to Sky. Let me know if you have any trouble.