Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have an RD-XV48DT which has been excellent. I now can't get live channels throu

Customer Question

I have an RD-XV48DT which has been excellent. I now can't get live channels through HDMI. Tried various resets. TV itself is receiving fine through the Toshiba in out from the antenna
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. In order to record TV programs with your recorder, your antenna plugs into the recorder. In order to use HDMI, you would need to connect the coax output from your set top box to your recorder, and use a second connection from your set top box to your TV with an HDMI cable. You don't need to use both, coax carries more signal than HDMI. If you prefer the deep colors of HDMI, you will need to connect your set top box to your TV IN ADDITION to the connection from the set top box to your recorder.