Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have just synced my iPod and replaced it on the lightning

Customer Question

I have just synced my iPod and replaced it on the lightning dock, but now get a message on the iPod screen saying that 'This accessory is not supported by this iPod Touch'.
I've updated the TV software, the Panasonic player/recorder has no updates, and I've taken the iPod back to factory settings and reloaded, but still no joy. Can you help please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Try the following:
- Reset the dock
- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost. To reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.
- Reset all settings:
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
Let me know if any of the above suggestions work, or if you need additional assistance.
Pete.