LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

I am learning Italian and bought DVDs of some American TV shows

Customer Question

I am learning Italian and bought DVDs of some American TV shows in Italy. I have done this before and had no problem with either the English or Italian soundtrack. However, my most recent DVD purchases come up with "Please change your player's menu settings to your native language" on both my Toshiba and Pansonic players. My language options on the setup menu are only English, Gaelic and Welsh. Is there any way to get past this problem and for me to play my DVDs? (I always thought that all the European DVDs would be compatible.)
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. It may mean the region code not the disc itself. What model players are they? Where did you buy the DVD?
.