Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony BDP-S480 DVD player. I can play a Blu-ray disc

I have a Sony BDP-S480 DVD player. I can play a Blu-ray disc through my Samsung smart tv but not a 3d disc, is there anything I need to do or get to get it to work.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Was this player playing 3D disc before or is it first time try?
- What is the model number of TV connected to this 3D player?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the first time I have tried, ordinary discs play without any difficulty.

The TV is a Samsung C5500 smart tv

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info, please recheck TV model number and complete model number would be very helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Samsung UE43J5500AKXXU

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for TV model number info, this TV doesn't have 3D feature/ 3D compatible that is why it won't show 3D disc picture though BDP-S480 DVD player is 3D player but connected TV also must be 3D capable to display 3D vision image.
Usually couple of 3D glasses also supplied with 3D TV and it wouldn't be came with this TV, is this correct?
If TV is new then you may please return it to store and ask 3D smart TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.