LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

Have proline vcr what is fluffy scratchy sound. have found

Customer Question

have proline vcr what is fluffy scratchy sound. have found adjustable head loose do not know proper alignment plays pre recorded ok. any ideas thanks
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi which head was loose? The audio or the record head?I have many years of experience wit this and its not a good idea to mess with that setting.Is the unit tracking ok or is it rolling etc Please explain.Also is the sound constant?Please if you haven't already do not make any adjustments to heads or guide rails until you talk with me.ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the head is the one with the little circuit board on the right hand side near pinch roller. picture and sound good.fluffy schratchy sound not there all the time.no tracking or rolling. i did not interfere with head that is how i found it. sometimes quite noisy. take away scratchy sound it is like new. thank you.
Hi thank you, ***** ***** work intermittently depending on the tape you are playing, or will it act up the same with any tape?I need to know that so I can rule something out is all;-)