info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

Digital recorder will not shift from AV1 or AV2 no data on

Digital recorder will not shift from AV1 or AV2 no data on 'guide'
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Have you "unplugged" from wall-power waited 5 mins then re-plugged back in again?

If not do that please and let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unplugging and waiting 5 minutes has made no difference

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean its stuck onits own AV1 AV2 as seen in the window of the recorder?or do you mean the TV is stuck on AV1 AV2?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tv is ok but when the recorder is turned on

It goes through 'SP' then HDM1and then goes on to AV1and will not change. No wires or anything has been changed. This always happens when we have been on holiday but I have always been able somehow to right it but not this time.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK I will need the make and model number of the unit please found on the back of the unit

Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Panasonic

DMR EX773EBK

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Channel up/open close/record

Tina those buttons ON THE UNIT ITSELF not the remote need to all be held down together at the same time whilst the unit is in the OFF mode you need to be able to see SERV in the window of the machine let me know when you see that

Anthon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

See SERV in window

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK what you needto do now is press 9 followed by 9 again and you should see CLR in the display let me know if you see that

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that and clr appears

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK now switch the unit on then off then back on again with remote and try again getting it to work

Let me know

Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
How is this working out please?

Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
If everything is OK could you please rate the answer positively as this is the only way I receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry unable to get on line. Unfortunately it still doesn't work still AV1 or AV2 says HDM1 but then reverts to AV1/2

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Really?Let me try and understand you are talking about this happening with the machine itself?not a message on the TV? Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when recorder turned on we switch tv to hdm1 recorder comes on to SP then HDM1 and then switches to AV1. Recorder has HDD(in tiny letters) in window at front and AV1/2 which it won't shift from. If I record without using programme guide when in recorded programmes comes up with NAV1

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Tina thats really odd as the memory has been wiped when we done that exercise, please take the output leads out of the back of the unit and see if you can shift inputs then

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Somehow I have managed to get it going by doing set up and I managed somehow to get guide back.

Thank you very much for your help any way

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK let me know if I can do anything else

Please remember to rate positively as this is the only way I get any credit from the site thank you

Anthony