Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I live in belgium and i would like to buy a new

Customer Question

dear sir,
I live in belgium and i would like to buy a new dvd-recorder which can record on dvd+rw discs and also can play dvd-ram discs (i have hundreds of them).
In belgium there was the DMR-EH76 but it is no longer available.
Which one should i buy ?
Frans Callebaut
Park De Blieck 10
B-9300 Aalst
Belgium
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The best replacement model for you would be the DMRBWT740. You can get one online here: http://amzn.to/1OAuTTcThis will play back dvd ram discs as well as record +rw and - discs.Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir,I have two more questions about the panasonic DMRBWT740. Is it possible to record on dvd or blu-ray with flexible recording ?
Can recordings made with the 740 be played on other dvd-players?Kind RegardsFrans Callebaut
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by flexible recordings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir,
Flexible recording is that if there is not enough space on the dvd you can programme FR so that the recorder does the recording in the best possible quality.(for example a recording of more than 2 hours in SP). Is it possible to play the recordings made on the 740 on other dvd-players ?
Kind regards,Frans Callebaut
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming, I wasn't sure if you were asking about something else in relation to using it on other players. There is a recording mode setting called "FR" that does what you want. For use with other players, there is no definite answer to that, unfortunately. Some players will work, some will not. In any case, for it to work, the disc must be finalised. it will generally work better in a computer and other panasonic players, it is not likely to work on players of other brands (toshiba, lg, etc).