Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

When ever I try to switch the DVD recorder on the three light

when ever I try to switch the DVD recorder on the three light - DVD,HDR,HDD comes on at the front and the pudding light (green0 continuously flashes. Is this a simple problem or do I need to take it to an engineer. Thanks Peter
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Peter.What is the make/model of your unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic DVR RDXV60
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That is a toshiba model number, is that what you meant?Do you see any error messages on the display/screen? As an initial step, can you please unplug power to the unit, at the mains for 60+ seconds, and let me know if that helps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you are correct it is a Toshiba model, have just bought a Panasonic TV. Have tried that and no good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is no good and no warning or any info in the display screen
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
so the display is entirely blank, not showing anything (timer, channel, current time, etc0?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, just a blank display and the three lights at the front showing permanent with the continuos flashing of the green light. There is also a continues clicking noise in sequence with the flashing green light. That is the only action from this machine.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2010 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising (3-5 years is the expected service life of these units) There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the unit2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the unit, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point the system would need to be replaced. They simply aren't practical to repair as parts are no longer available and labor costs alone will exceed the price of a new unit. Should it come to that I can suggest some replacement options for you. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience: Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. In the long dark tunnel of my problem hopefully this has shown a shaft of light into a possible fixture for me. Many thanks
Peter
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, Peter, and best of luck to you! Nathan