info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

Freesat Digital Box Model GS103TZH Installed by Technician.Unable

Freesat Digital Box Model GS103TZH Installed by Technician.
Unable to get a constant signal. Second box supplied problem persists.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

This is freesat and you are using a dish ?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I DO HAVE A DISH AND NEW AERIAL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DID NOT RECEIVE AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION IT GOT TO 13 SECONDS THEN STOPPED

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Second attempt at waiting for a reply stuck on 3 seconds this time.

I have no more time to try this again, hope you do better next time

nb I did not tick unlimited answers monthly subscription it appeared all by itself. NOT VERY HAPPY.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am not at my computer 24/7 I replied yesterdayI can give you an answer to this as its really obvious to me what the issue is considering you have had the box swapped but first have you told me everything?you have not missed anything out?was the dish installed at the same time you got the box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When this area went digital the dish was installed, in February of this year it was checked out and found to be working. I had asked for a diagnosis of the aerial/TV and the Humax box. The aerial and box

were replaced. The new box was Manhatton which had repeated signal failure. Finally I was given Goodmans Freesat box and still suffer from

signal failure.

Please note that my HD Digital Box is not connected to my router

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Sorry there is a difference between a dish and an aerial or are you saying you have both?the dish will not be being used for over air digital broadcasts or at least it should not be.Also is the humax box a freesat box?not an over air box?is this what you are referring to?Sorry confused by what you mean could you be very specific thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Humax box was for Freeview, I changed my TV for one with built in Freeview and HDMI Ready it is a second hand set. Both of the new boxes were for Freesat. The aerial wiring goes over my roof to reach the

dish at the back of the house.

At this moment I have perfect reception For Freesat with 80% signal

at weekends I can usually get Freesat. However by early evening it switches off.

Could it be outside influence ?

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes it most certainly is a reception issue probably alignment of the dish or you may have the wrong size dish or a lower gain LNB (in the centre of the dish)you will need to get a rigger out to advise you about the dish it is the dish that is the problem, you can find a rigger near you in the yellow pages, you see the signal of an everning is attenuated so it will be lower gain so you need the right dish alignment and even the right sized dish and electronics with the dish only a rigger with specialist signal strength meters can help you with that.

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating band with this post thanks again

ANTHONY
info tech, Technician
Experience: Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience