Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have a 1year old panasonic dmr 530. which has started

we have a 1year old panasonic dmr pwt 530. which has started to click in and out ,,then goes to full white screan and takes you back to begining of recording when it decides to swith to normal ?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
How did you set it back to Factory Shipping mode?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in settings

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
In setup, can you go to HDD, then HDD Management
Choose Format Disk and let this complete
then test and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will do

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry richard been working,, this has not solved the problem, still cuting of and on then freezing to white screen

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.