Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT735 Hard disc recorder. I can not

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT735 Hard disc recorder. I can not get it to function a think it is because the 3 letters "EXT" are displayed next to the normal timer set symbol (red Clock)
I have a memory that I have had this problem before but I can not remember which button to press to return my machine to normal can you help.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please press the external link button - either on the remote or behind the front door flap.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no button on my remote control marked external link.There are only 2 buttons under the flap at the front of the machine neither of which had any effect.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an AUX button on the remote? That can be used as well. If not look for a source/src button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No AUX or at least nothing marked as that dito source/srcbelow the central round structure I have 4 colured buttons and below that 12 buttons labelREC
REC MODE
TEXT
STTL
PROG/CHECK
CHAPTER
DEL
NETFLIX
INPUT SELECT
AD
MANUAL SKIP -10s
MANUAL SKIP +60s
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please try input for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothingif is helps there is a small symbal between the EXT and the Clock (all in red)
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
EXT means it is in External link mode. Normally it is supposed to have button to get you out of it both on the remote and the panel. Can you try both Prog/check and the AD button please? If the same thing happens we can try pulling the power cable for 10 minutes but we would want to do that as a last resort.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prog/check had an effect but not what we wanted. It caused the TV to which the machine is contect to turn on but not picture or information was displayed.AD had not effect at all
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok can you unplug it for 10 minutes for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done at 12:53 I will get back to you after I reconnect after 13:05
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem is resloved. Thanks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.