info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

LOST SOUND ON TV

I HAVE DIS-CONNECTED MY DVD PLAYER FROM MY SAMSUNG TV AND NOW I HAVE NO SOUND, GOOD PICTURE BUT NO SOUND, ANY IDEAS?

MODEL NUMBER LE4ON87BDX/XEU 42" SAMSUNG TV

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite/cable box/aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

VIA AERIAL

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried rebooting the TV?disconnecting it from the wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again?if not please do that and let me know the outcome thanks . Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore the rating band for now until I consider I can be rated positively thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES MANY TIMES, IT USED TO BE WATCHED THROUGH SATELLITE AND SOUND WAS ALWAYS THROUGH THE DVD PLAYER, SINCE DIS-CONNECTING THE DVD AND SATELLITE THERE HAS BEEN NO SOUND.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I will need the full model number of the TV please found on the back of the set?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT WAS ON MY FIRST QUESTION.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see the model number here, and I do not know anything about your first question ?could you please repost
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Oh soory you have incorporated it into the question instead of it going into colomns
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK its beginning to look like the set has a problem with its own sound signal processing and that will mean replacement of the main-board do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP BUT WE THINK MAYBE ITS A BIT TOO MUCH WORK AND PROBABLY A LOT OF EXPENSE TO SPEND ON A TV THAT IS 8 YEARS OLD

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes your probably right but if you change your mind please let me know cost of board will be around $100
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
A positive rating is appreciated thank you There will be a rating band with this post thanks again RegardsAnthony