info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

LOST SOUND ON TV

I HAVE DIS-CONNECTED MY DVD PLAYER FROM MY SAMSUNG TV AND NOW I HAVE NO SOUND, GOOD PICTURE BUT NO SOUND, ANY IDEAS?

MODEL NUMBER LE4ON87BDX/XEU 42" SAMSUNG TV

Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite/cable box/aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

VIA AERIAL

Have you tried rebooting the TV?disconnecting it from the wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again?if not please do that and let me know the outcome thanks . Anthony
Please ignore the rating band for now until I consider I can be rated positively thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES MANY TIMES, IT USED TO BE WATCHED THROUGH SATELLITE AND SOUND WAS ALWAYS THROUGH THE DVD PLAYER, SINCE DIS-CONNECTING THE DVD AND SATELLITE THERE HAS BEEN NO SOUND.

I will need the full model number of the TV please found on the back of the set?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IT WAS ON MY FIRST QUESTION.

I cannot see the model number here, and I do not know anything about your first question ?could you please repost
Oh soory you have incorporated it into the question instead of it going into colomns
OK its beginning to look like the set has a problem with its own sound signal processing and that will mean replacement of the main-board do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP BUT WE THINK MAYBE ITS A BIT TOO MUCH WORK AND PROBABLY A LOT OF EXPENSE TO SPEND ON A TV THAT IS 8 YEARS OLD

Yes your probably right but if you change your mind please let me know cost of board will be around $100
A positive rating is appreciated thank you There will be a rating band with this post thanks again RegardsAnthony