Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Model no DMR-EX773EB have lost all the program's on the guide

Model no DMR-EX773EB have lost all the program's on the guide plus. It alway comes up no data. Recorder is only 5 years old, could you tell me as to how I can get program's to show again. I switched it off for a night and reset date and time again but still no data shows.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which steps you undertook to reset the date and time please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Went to the function menu then chose others to select set up then others to select clock then to select automatic off, then OK. Once I had selected the correct date and time pressed OK. Set it to automatic on the clock setting menu, then pressed return. Then when I went to Guide plus still (no data) shown on the program guide. Never touched pin part of the program at all.

Can you also cancel my payment of £30 per month as Iwas aware that I had asked to go on a monthly basis!

George.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George,
The monthly payment is only if you sign up for the monthly subscription, if you did actually go and sign up for it, then email***@******.*** to cancel it (Thats for customer service as I am only an engineer here)
For this problem, Press and hold [up CH] and [CH down] on the main unit while it is on, for 6 seconds, then release.
This will reset it. Set it up again whrn you see this on the screen and tell me if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that made no differance , just a yellow line under the times. It is showing the correct date and time. On the unit it is showing AV2,with HDD up on the left hand corner.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.