Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a HDD recorder model no. DMR-HW 120 We can not get

I have a HDD recorder model no. DMR-HW 120 We can not get BBC channels 1 & 2 but other channels ok! Have gone through set up many times from start, but no joy.
Derrck
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Has it gotten the channels before and just stopped?
Or it never received them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All channels where working ok but now stopped dos not even show the channel numbers 1& 2

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Derrick
As the first step, can you remove the power to the recorder and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power again, rescan for channels and tell me please if it now finds it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had it disconnected for more than 2 hours yesterday. But will try again.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you already did this there is no point doing it again.On the recorder itself, while it is powered on, hold the channel UP and Down buttons for 6 seconds then release.Once done, setup the recorder again and tell me if it now gets the channels please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that gone through set up but still no channels 1 & 2 When changing to channel 1 just gets invalid channel message

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal tuner in the recorder that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.