Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a blu-ray player DMP-DBT130 is it possible to get it

i have a blu-ray player DMP-DBT130 is it possible to get it to play rgion A blu-ray discs?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. The problem here is that the player is designed for and locked to a specific region while you're attempting to play a disc from another region. These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them, at least in relation to the bluray playback.This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player. Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy a purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction. There is an option to adjust the region coding for standard (non bluray) discs, however. The best option for that is with the use of a region free mod remote, that reprograms the player for you. You may buy one of these inexpensively online, here: http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/panasonic_blu_ray_dmp-bdt130.htmI'm sorry there isn't a better answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.

Nathan