Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a digihome 500gbpvr recoeder that is just over 12months

Customer Question

HI I have a digihome 500gbpvr recoeder that is just over 12months old nothing will
work and the display shows 0000 have tried power down but nothing seems to change
Any suggestions ? Thank You Alan
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Alan. Unfortunately, the digihome line of electronics tend to be at the bottom end of the quality spectrum, and seeing hardware failures is very common. What you are experiencing indicates and internal hardware fault, meaning a bad control board (failed eeprom, resulting in the 0000). This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the unit2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct. At that point, as the warranty is past, you are better off replacing it with a new system. Digihome does not make parts available, and even if they can be found you'd spend more on labor alone than you would for a brand new recorder.Should it come to that, I'll be happy to recommend some replacement options for you. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan