Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Panasonic DMR EX77 has stopped responding to the remote

My Panasonic DMR EX77 has stopped responding to the remote control (which we have replaced for a new one thinking this was the problem). What do we look for next?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem and do not rate the answer at this point.- Does recorder show any thing on front display when push remote buttons?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The recorder has a normal display and responds to the manual control panel but not the remote control - which is why we replaced it (and yes, I have tried several different sets of batteries to make sure it wasn't dud batteries). My question I suppose is, is it likely to be something to do with the sensor on the device and if so where do I find it? Is it replaceable and/or be tested?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To my intense embarrassment I have just discovered that I might have replaced the batteries - but I put one in the wrong way round!!! It is now working fine and it was the original remote not working. My apologies for this.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Nice, so original remote is bad and new remote is working and all is set now.Have nice time!