Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Ihave an HDD recorder DMR-HWT230 that almost every time we

Ihave an HDD recorder DMR-HWT230 that almost every time we use it says "there are new channels available do you want to accept them". Pressing exit removes the message temporarily but it is back again in a few minutes and keeps coming back until we run a channel update. How can we stop it giving this message or defer it to a suitable time?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
It should stop once you either press Exit or get the new channels.
Remove it from the power (so unplug the power cord) and wait 10 minutes, then connect the power again.
Then test and tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have already tried that but the next day it does it again
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, its important for me to know, but when you do this your saying it solves it for a day, so the problem goes away, then the problem returns?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.